Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pearce prediction and analysis

Rua rd 3 tko
-I am really hoping that Shogun shines through with some great Muay Thai, I expect to see (and hear) some nasty leg kicks.  I made my pick thinking Shogun will capitalize on experience and veteran game planning.
Faber rd 1 sub
-Faber should come into this fight with a fire burning inside.  He likes the spotlight, he likes fighting under pressure, and wants to become a household name.  Look for Faber to take some chances to win this early to build his highlight resume.
Kamal rd 3 tko
-I made this pick more due to trends then who I think is the better fighter.  WEC guys have been doing well coming into the UFC, and recently top ten UFC lightweights have been losing ground. (i.e. George Sot., Dunham)  I think Jim Miller's win streak will come to an end. 
Nate descs
-As long as Nate hasn't psyched himself out he should win this one.  Nate is one of the best middleweights there is, but he sometimes doesn't "show up" for fights.  Unfortunately even Nate's B-game is a lot to handle for a late replacement in Dan Miller. 
Mirko rd 1 tko
-Yesterday at weigh ins Mirko CroCop showed up absolutely shredded.  I went back and looked at previous pictures of CroCop and this is physically the best shape I have seen him in.  If CroCop shows up prepared to fight at the level he showed up physically this one will be a tough night for the inexperienced Schaub.
prelims after the jump...

Marshall rd 2 sub
-Two big factors equal one conclusion in my mind.  1.) Marshall is an underrated fighter who is highly motivated in making a point to the UFC. 2.)  Luiz Cane has had a long layoff due to injuries, and ring rust is a very real thing.
Edson rd 3 tko 
-Edson has finished two fights in a row via LEG KICKS.  He is a Muay Thai superhero, you should expect a clinic in this fight, take notes school will be in session.
Ricardo rd 2 sub
-Ricardo=my hero
Pellegrino desc
-The first time I heard of a knee injury to Pellegrino was after I made my picks.  But that's okay because I think Tibau is a punk, and i expect Kurt to put a stamp down.
Joebenvi rd 2 sub
-Joe is one of the best fighters in the world in this weight class.  Expect a finish and get to know this guy for the future.
Koch rd 3 tko
-So much hype surrounds the gym RufusSport that the fighters from there carry an aura of impeccable stand up, it overlooks Koch's record showing most of his wins are by submission.  I do not think he will be able to submit Assuncao, but will finish the fight.
Catone desc
-This fight is at catchweight of 195 lbs., but it is funny that Catone is a bigger guy even though he is from the smaller weight class.  Catone has had fights in the octagon, and I expect that Catone will use that to his advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment